Friday, February 4, 2011

Carson Palmer and Chad Ochocinco...

   Today I'm writing about the ongoing disputes with Carson Palmer and Chad "Whatever his last name is now".... Neither one of these guys really want to be in Cincinnati anymore. Chad wants to go to New England apparently and Carson just wants out in general I take.

   As far as Carson goes, Mike Brown has been his stubborn self and rejected his request to be traded. I'm trying to figure out why Mike Brown is so determined to keep Palmer, I understand he's your center of plans. But, he's not happy, the fans are frustrated, and he's steadily getting worse statistically. If he wants out that bad, there are plenty of QB's on the draft board to build a franchise around. I'm wondering if the firing of Bob Bratkowski and the hiring of Jon Gruden's brother Jay has had any affect on Carson Palmer's wish to be traded. The Bengals are obviously making changes to try and improve the team. Although I think bringing Lewis back was the first mistake of the offseason. Do I see Carson following through with this "I'll retire if I'm not traded" BS? Nobody walks away from 50 million dollars. I don't care how much money he has in the bank.

   With Chad, the Bengals need to get this guy out of here. Don't get me wrong, I like the "person" Chad is. I think he's hilarious and can still be a very productive guy. But he is causing too much controversy in Cincinnati. Carson had his best games of the year when Ocho and TO weren't playing. As far as Mike Brown goes in this situation, "Kiss Da Baby" and trade Chad. As much as I hate to say it, I believe it's best for both sides to part ways.

   Drafting a Blaine Gabbert or a Ryan Mallet and building the franchise seems like a decent option if Palmer is traded. Do I see Palmer getting traded? Probably not but you never know when a team is going to offer a package that they couldn't pass up. Hopefully the Bengals moves can help turn this franchise around, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your view?